Friday, September 05, 2008

Swingtown



When I first saw the promos for Swingtown earlier this summer, I assumed the show would be kinda cheesy, kinda funny, and disappoint me eventually, because cheesy and funny only go so far. Thankfully, my first impressions were very off-base. Yeah, there's a little bit of cheese due to the whole 70s/swinging vibe, but this show is about so much more than just what you see on the surface. I've looked forward to every new episode this summer and am very excited to see the season finale, which airs tonight on CBS. Unfortunately, there's been no decision made yet about the show's fate. There's chatter about the show maybe moving to cable, which would be fine with me. Either way, I just hope it makes it to another season, at least! If you agree with me, there's a petition you can sign here. Let CBS know that you want more of 'Swingtown'!

No comments: