Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Cover for Sweet Valley Confidential!



People.com posted the cover today for the HIGHLY anticipated follow-up book (or book series?) Sweet Valley Confidential: Ten Years Later. I'm kind of surprised at the simplicity of the cover but I am digging that it calls back the design of the original Sweet Valley High book series, especially with that "Sweet Valley" font and the girl in the circle.  I was really hoping they'd get the guy who did all the original SVH covers from the 80s, James Mathewuse, to paint updated versions of Elizabeth & Jessica. Alas, I knew deep down that wouldn't happen. At least this cover has a touch of retro-ness and that makes me happy.

What also makes me happy is that this book is FINALLY available for pre-order. It's only taken about 5 years for that to happen! Pre-order it now @ Amazon.com!

No comments: