Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lady Gaga Bad Romance Eyes



I assumed that the freakishly huge eyes Lady Gaga sports in her Bad Romanceicon video were achieved through CGI. Until I read the article below, I didn't know you could actually semi-achieve this look in real life through circle contact lenses. After looking at some photos of girls wearing these special contact lenses, I have to admit I do like the way they make your eyes look! They give you that innocent doe-eyed look of an anime character. I would never ever put something in my eyes that wasn't fitted by a doctor though. Plus I'd feel kind of ridiculous wearing them, so for now, I'll stay on the sidelines and just admire from afar!

From New York Daily News

Girls clamor for 'circle' contact lenses inspired by Lady Gaga, but they're risky and illegal
by Rosemary Black
Daily News Staff Writer

Wednesday, July 7th 2010, 12:07 PM

The wider-than-life peepers that Lady Gaga sported in her “Bad Romance” video may have been computer-generated, but those dramatic, anime-style eyes are being copied by young women with circle contact lenses.

Unfortunately, the lenses can cause infections and even vision loss.

No major manufacturer of contact lenses in the U.S. offers the colored contacts, which make eyes look bigger by covering not only the iris but part of the whites, according to The New York Times. But they’re readily available online without a prescription for around $20 to $30 a pair, and young women discover where to find them on message boards and YouTube videos.


Read the rest of the article here!

And here's a tutorial on how to achieve that Lady Gaga Bad Romanceicon look. You need the circle lenses of course!

No comments: